Check out the Freeware Garden post on Rock, Paper, Shotgun featuring Star Commander: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/09/02/freeware-garden-star-commander/
A downloadable game for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
Have you ever wondered what it's like to build a fleet of space ships, explore the galaxy, and wage interstellar war? Of course you have! But even if you haven't, here's a chance to give it a try.
- Deploy fleets and build Starbases to gain control over galactic resources.
- Provide Starbases with crew and support facilities, allowing them to function at maximum capacity.
- Design Starships for utility, destructive force, or a blend of both.
- Assign crew and officers to your Starships to improve their combat strength.
- Choose engagements carefully to minimize the chance of losing ships.
- Skillfully maneuver your ships in combat to give them the best shot at causing damage to the enemy.
- Configure each new galaxy to vary the game's style, difficulty, and length.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.